Happy Birthday, Nicolas Cage!


Okay, so technically Nic Cage's birthday was yesterday on Jan. 7th. However, it just so happens that today is Elvis Presley's birthday, and I suspect that Nic would appreciate that I'm running his caricature on the anniversary of the birth of his idol!

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of Nic Cage, but I do find him an interesting actor and have enjoyed some of his more quirky efforts including one of his first films, 1983's Valley Girl, which was sort of an updated Romeo and Juliet tale involving a rich California valley girl and a punk rocker. And who can forget Cage as the white trash serial con in the Coen Brothers' Raising Arizona! (I suspect that TV's My Name is Earl owes a lot of its success to that great little film).

But let's leave off here with a clip that celebrates both Nicolas Cage and his idol, Elvis Presley, in this memorable scene from 1992's Honeymoon in Vegas!